Let’s just say it’s been a minute since I’ve shared anything on my blog. I renewed my blog domain name with WordPress a few weeks ago but seriously considered not renewing because of my lack of involvement and commitment to write and reflect.
Last year, I started a cosmetic overhaul of my blog revamping my pages, updating photos, and attempting to make it more aesthetically pleasing. I also wanted to make my pages more robust and informative so I had something more valuable to offer my readers than just my random, not-so-valuable, and often obnoxious blog posts. However, life got in the way and I allowed every day busyness to distract me from the time I wanted to dedicate to my blog. After much thought and reflection, I decided to renew my blog with the promise to commit to writing and reflecting and sharing with my readers the random chaos that is my brain.
That being said, hello.
It’s been two years since I’ve actively updated and posted on my blog. Isn’t that crazy?! Time sure flies. There has been a lot of life crammed into these two short years since I’ve posted. I don’t want to get into too much detail on this post about the last two years because I am going to write a separate post dedicated to just that, but I can honestly say the last two years have been 90% good and 10% bad. Given this crazy place we call life, I would say that 90/10 breakdown isn’t too shabby. Things could always be worse.
Anyways, here’s a quick life update for the day:
- I work at the University of Louisville now. I left Indiana University Southeast in December 2015 and started working at the University of Louisville in January 2016.
- Benjamin is in his 4th year working for LG& E and KU. He still enjoys the day-to-day of his job and is working hard for a higher position with the company. Benjamin also started the UofL MBA program last fall and is trucking through this thing like a champ. I am so proud of him!
- Benjamin and I bought our very first home last summer! We found a great deal on a beautiful (older) home in Oldham County, which is exactly where we want to be. We are on a whole new level of adulting.
- Sophia, our cat, is sassy and spoiled as ever. She loves the new house and thoroughly enjoys her bird feeders we put right outside her favorite windows.
- I ran two half-marathons last year (KY Derby Half and the Urban Bourbon Half) which was a physical and mental feat that I never thought possible. I have plans to run a half marathon this November in support of the Ability Experience, but am hoping to run a few more road races beforehand.
- Benjamin recently traveled to South Korea and China on an international learning experience trip with his MBA program. I recently traveled to Belize with the College of Education on an international learning experience trip with our elementary and middle/secondary education students. (I plan to write a separate post about my Belizean experience. It was life changing.)
- Benjamin and I are gearing up for our vacation to San Francisco this coming July. We are so excited to explore San Fran and the northern parts of California as we both have never been.
I will call that a wrap for the afternoon and conclude with my promise to be more engaged, more involved, and more committed to my blog and all it’s randomness. 😀